July 14, 2008

Colby Nichols Interview by DonutChocula




Colby Nichols
Designer & Illustrator

-1.That is for you Design?

I am a Graphic Designer and an Illustrator working out of Southern California. My business partner, Josh Kenyon, and I run a studio called Jolby where we do design and illustration work for a variety of clients.

-2.To use tools to create?

To create I use: pencils, Micron pens, an iMac, coffee, and Chinese food.

-3.Mac or PC?
Mac.



-4.Influences? Recommendations?

I am heavily influenced by my business partner, Josh Kenyon, Jon Burgerman, Josh Cochran, Tim Biskup, Tnop / bePOSI+IVE, Pentagram, Invisible Creature. I would recommend checking out all of these amazingly talented people and their work.

-5.One Book / One type / One Color...

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, Gotham, PMS 306 U.




-6.What are you going to do this summer?

This Summer I am going to see lots of friends, draw, spend too many hours in front of my computer, hang out with my girlfriend and our cats, and sleep.

Thank you!
Colby Nichols
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...